Monday, September 06, 2004

"Vacation"

I have been enjoying a little "vacation". And by "vacation" I mean I have been very lazy not posting new stuff.

Well, I'll give you one thing. Those polls going around show Bush leading by 11 percent. What is going on with the public? Did they see everybody on TV cheering so much that they decided it's best to make a complete switch of polical view simply because the cowboys on TV had a party.

It has been neck and neck until now, and that worries me. It not only worries me in the way that Bush may be re-elected, but how easily the public is swayed by Fox News (I mean, the media).

Obviously all of America did not read my post on thinking for yourself. How is it that so many Americans suffer or complain and then they have a great turnaround in a mere four days? How are Americans supposed to get what is wants, when it doesn't KNOW what they want!

If so many Americans want the politicians to "stick to the issues" why they (the public) are so unclear on what issues they care about? Because the ones that often "bash" the opposition are usually the ones that will not change their polical view for a different party, it means the unsure ones (who used to be at least SOMEWHAT sure) are the ones being swayed. I firmly believe they are not thinking enough about what they want out of their president.

This defies the point of democracy! You are supposed to have the rights and abilities to uncover all the facts on the issues that you care about and will help you elect a leader to make those ideas come true!

The rights and abilities have been given to you. Not enough citizens are using them, sadly.

This must change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home