Friday, January 14, 2005

Hiatus

I was on vacation...from ever getting on the computer. Sorry about that, was too busy. I know it seemed as if I was on a hiatus as long as Gob's (we miss you), but I was alive and well the whole time (we hope you are too).

There's plenty of action in Palestine, some good and some...not so good. I like this guy (Abbas) better than Arafat, by far. He's more into peace and laying down the arms. I hope he can be a "partner for peace" as the expression goes. Same with Sharon....

These resistance fighters, no matter the cause, are too arogant to work towards peace. The same goes for many of the Israeli soliders (not all of them of course, don't go calling me anti-semitic). In Israel, it's required to serve in the military for two years, right? Do you think all of those guys are nice, cooperative and do only what their supposed to? Hell no. Out of that many people, there are bound to be several bad apples.

I had a thought the other day (I usually have several throughout the course of a day), that it might be possible that everyone in the Middle East would get tired of fighting. I then laughed at the thought because rationale got the best of me. Everything has to do with revenge, it seems. They blew up our bus of children, so that means we have to blow up some of their tanks. Yeah, way to work things out, guys.

That (realistic) look at it reminds of a really bad cowboy movie, where one guy shoots first and the other guy shoots second. But let's pretend there are a few thousand cowboys, and they all get shot and then get their own shot off before falling to the ground. Nobody wins. This starts to look really...silly. I can't believe I just called the Israeli-Palestinine conflict silly. But really, take a look back and all things seem rather trivial to kill someone over.

So cut it out.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Max(well) said...

I agree completely. I've often wondered the same thing myself. Enough REVENGE already! That horse is dead, move onto something more productive... making picture frames out of popcicle sticks for example, I don't know ANYTHING!

Oh, and by the by Midguard, PLEASE get Haloscan! It's FREE, it's WONDERFUL, it MEANS I WON'T HAVE TO CLICK 50 MILLION BUTTONS AND HAVE TO LOGIN ANYMORE! Seriously, get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home