Sunday, December 05, 2004

Send in the---rats?

Now I've heard everything. Rats are currently being used to find mines underground. And from what I hear, the rats are doing swell. This is a successful way of determining wether you might blow up if you walk through an area. Good to know.

But don't worry about the rats. They are too light to be detected by the mines, and this is a good thing, because you can recycle your rats, too. Using them over and over again not only helps clear mine fields, but it also provides a very necessary service--it gives the rats something to do. The rats are well paid, of course. After all, they do daring work everyday.

This "pay" that they get it simply bananas and peanuts. And life, assuming they aren't grossly obese enough to set off a land mine. But if we were all eating only bananas and peanuts, I can't imagine any human would be obese, either. Bright Idea: I'm going to start a new diet! PATENT PENDING. COPYRIGHT PENDING, whatever is required to stop you from stealing my cure to world (I mean American) obesity.

This rats thing is what the world needs more of: simple solutions (ones that don't screw over the environment). This tactic of rat mine-clearing is being used in African countries that have been torn by war. Now, they are left with broken hearts and a hell of a lot of mines and they have no clue where they are. Read more here.

Isn't it just neato? Right on. We can dress little rats up in Army uniforms (custom made, of course) and have the march (scramble) around a minefield. Better rats than people, by far.

Bonus Read: I have accomplished two milestones (for my blog at least). First of all (remember this is very exciting, and if not, just try to look excited) I finally solved my HTML problems on my Blogger Template. My little things on my links to other sites wouldn't leave a space inbetween the next one on the list. So I added a slash (

) and presto! It works. Now there is spaces inbetween links. I told you this would be very amazing.

My second accomplishment: I am no longer a Self-Commenting Virgin. By this awkward title, I mean that I had never before commented on my own site. Today (just three minutes ago) I responded to GreenEggs' (one of my few readers) comment. Fascinating stuff, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home