Monday, November 15, 2004

To Those Who Left Us

A couple famous faces have left us this week. One was ODB. Let's not be censored here. His name was Ol Dirty Bastard, and I never listened to his music. So as you can imagine, I could really care less. Sorry you ODB lovers.....

But the second person who left us is....Colin Powell, of course. Yeah, he's not really dead...but whatever. Just go with me here. As much as I'll miss Powell, who was the sheep to the Bush Administration, I will have greater fear for his replacement. It can't be Condi, not Condi, anybody else, please.

Condoleeza Rice is expected to take the job. This would probably mean someone is going to take her job, too. So we do a little switcharoo and there is a newish administration. Doctor Rice...if she really is a doctor, is not the best choice for Powell's job. She shouldn't really even be involved in government, that much we should know already. National Security Advisor, too easy for you? Take a step up, I wait to see you fail there, too.


I know I'm being a little harsh, but someone deserving, well, deserves the position.

Who else left us, this week? Oh yeah, all those soldiers in Iraq. Many are dying in Fallujah and I myself, trust that many (if not all) Americans support the troops wether they support the cause or not. That's so critical for everyone to understand. Must...get...message...to...public.

Because if you have forgotten, there used to be a great debate of signs for and against the Iraq War. The opposition (liberal pride!) held up simple yet powerful signs of "No Iraq War". The Republicans however (I use full facts in this statement) held signs that said "Support the Troops".

Thanks, jerks. You think (or at least want others to think we don't even support the troops. Well, big suprise coming here...we do. A man once said that the warrior and war should never be tied together and therefore misused in a statement (I am paraphrasing immensely). I believe that man was the guy I supported to be President (John Kerry).

Nowadays there is a full blown war, and the only signs you see out there fittingly are "Support the Troops". This makes a lot of sense, right? We are in the war, and they do need support. But since it is the same sign that paraded against liberal ideas by harassing them that they did not support the troops, I can't help but feel some angst against them. That's my (and I imagine many liberals' dillema). We want to honk, we want to say, "Go troops! Keep it up. Come home safely." But yet, since we know who this sign is from (and how they used the sign), we hate it as we love it.

It is terrible. The sign doesn't mean what it's says blatantly. But so is much of the political world, I imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home