Sunday, October 10, 2004

Blog Explosion

Let me just talk about the blog itself for a bit:

I went to Teeter's Thoughtpad, and thought about his problem getting hits and real readers, too. I always want readers, so I thought it might be a good gamble to try BlogExplosion. But I am too having the same doubts, so I asked BlogExplosion to take my blog off their list.

My hits have gone up quite a bit, 31 today, but I am wondering how many read what I have to say. Probably not that many, considering the way BlogExplosion does things.

"If you go to two sites, someone will go to yours". That's basically their motto. I like getting the hits, but I like getting readers better. So if you're here from BlogExplosion, tell me if you've actually been reading this. And also, I wouldn't mind if you checked out the archives, full of my political thoughts.

This is all so weird. You know, I might keep it, because some people might bother to read it. Numbers about my blog tend to make me happy, so maybe I will keep it. Now I just have to see if BlogExplosion responds to my email.


And, if you're interested in watching TV, here is what I reccomend:

The Daily Show (Comedy Central)
Saturday Night Live (NBC)
CBS News (Haha, just kidding)

9 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Blogger uway said...

As long as your content strikes a person on the first appearence of your site and your actually talking about something. i feel you cant help but to get read..so good luck cause i bit and im using blogexpo...the only thing that i like about it is i would be doing the same thing at blogger but at least i get a 2:1 ratio of someone coming to pay me a visit.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Kunaal said...

:D
I was thinking the same thing as you did, but lets see, since I made a comment after getting here through blogexplosion, something must be working right?

Kunaal

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jarle Petterson said...

Same thing here. I too had serious doubts (oh well, to the extent it's possible to seriously doubt something of such little importance), but seeing as I'm commenting on your post...

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Cyndy said...

Ditto. I just joined blog explosion and wondered too, but I am reading the ones that grab me. I'm guessing the novelty will wear off but it's fun for now.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Adelle said...

I read... As long as it is something good!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Phat Chic said...

I like you didn't know what to think about this blogexplosion so I figured I would give it a try. Just so you know I read and even made it past my time limit. Some blogs are hard to read but others grab you and pull you right in, as yours did me :)

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading :D

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger tapps said...

i too read.

well... sometimes. i've got a 'graphic designer's mind' so if the design doesn't make me cringe... or the page isn't in comic sans (ack what a horrible font!) .. i read the page. :-)

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through Blog Explosion and I'm reading too. :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home