Friday, September 10, 2004

Stupid White Men, Lies

I recently read Michael Moore's Stupid White Men. A very good book. I especially like the way he portrays the corporate crooks. It's funny, and it conveys a strong message. It's not just "This guy did that" so you should hate him. He brings logical evidence to the table often times and that is desired of a political activist.

Moore brings up things of his past, things he'd like to see in the future, and most importantly, what we can do better now. Some things he mentioned made me laugh and others would indeed make me laugh, but behind the clever humor was a deep meaning that soon made you angry. When you're done, you will feel quite a bit more informed.

If you've been thinking about reading this, and you've also been thinking "I need to read more often" this may be the thing you need to stick with a good book. And if you enjoy Stupid White Men, you may want to read Moore political satirists (pun intended).



I was inspired, and I have begun reading Al Franken's (and TeamFranken, Al and his team of fourteen harvard graduates)Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right.Currently at page 19, it is fantastic. Funny, clever and completely well done.

I'll keep reading, and of course, I'll keep posting.


By the way...I have a few Gmail invites left. If anybody wants one, all I really require is you:
1. Email me
2. Tell all your friends about my blog (which I'm sure you've already done)
3. And...run in circles ten times without falling down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home