Monday, September 13, 2004

North Korea Testing Weapons?

I read a little bit of an article in the Seattle Times about North Korea possibly testing their nuclear weapons. Pretty heavy stuff.

Some believe that this could start an arms race in Asia. I hope not, and I don't they have to go so far as that. I sincerely hope that the remaining "Axis of Evil" can have their nuclear plans derailed. We can hope. But also, action will eventually be taken, and this can best be done by international pressure. This time, the UN has should be given a chance to do things better this time around (hopefully they will!). My biggest fear is a US invasion of Iran. I think that is the farthest from what we want. We need to avoid total warfare like in Iraq. That of all things, is the end result when you cannot deal with a nation (or don't try hard enough).

If you really would like to know it, my ideal liberal dream is that after it is virtually impossible for a nation or group to obtain nuclear materials, we can all fire them up into space and blow up the moon. Sound good?

Okay, we probably won't do that, but I still have a dream that the world can be de-nuclearized (including the United States). There would be no reason to threaten nations with no nuclear capabilities when you have all the nukes. That itself, would be terrorism. But it's not like the stakes should be even, either. We can't say, "Here, you take half of the nukes, and you take the other half. There. Have fun. Start a war." So maybe it does look good for us to have the majority (temporarily) until we can dissarm them all. Until then, we go after each country and take their stuff. Anybody? Nod if you agree.

That is also why I am thinking that the United Nations would be in charge of nukes removed from other countries' governments. If that isn't true, I'd be kind of suprised. I am pretty sure that's what would happen.

In fact, going back to that crazy liberal dream of mine:

We should just give the nukes to the United Nations. EVERYONE DOES. We just say "Here, take these. Don't remind me I lost them." And BAM! No more nuclear holocaust. Unless the UN went haywire and passed them out again when asked.

Don't ask what I'm saying really, I'm just thinking out loud.

Anyways! This post is on North Korea testing weapons... Anyone else scared? Where are they going to test them? I never got to that part of the article (if it was in there). It's a test, so I'm betting they would shoot it somewhere desolate and barren. And hopefully that site is not populated with thousands of people. Or any person, really. That would especially suck. A nuke shot at you and no one else. Scary? I think so. But it's a good thing humans live in packs...

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Anti said...

...bet you Bush does nothing but conduct sensitive food for peace negotiations with North Korea.
The hypocrite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home